Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) is a powerfully effective anti-estrogen products, In many ways, it is very similar to another popular SERM in Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate). The first time Clomid gained worldwide attention is in the early 1970’s as a strong fertility aid. However, it is still used for that purpose today. And it is also one of the most commonly used SERM’s by anabolic steroid users. No, it is not an anabolic steroid, but sometimes can be used to combat estrogenic side effects caused by anabolic steroids. It can also be used as a Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) medication in order to stimulate suppressed testosterone production due to anabolic steroid use. Use of Clomid in the PCT cycle is the most common purpose and most beneficial point of use for the anabolic steroid user.
1. On the one hand, Clomiphene Citrate is a SERM that is specifically used as a fertility aid due to its ability to enhance the release of gonadotropins. On the other hand, Clomid has the ability to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Ovarian-Axis. Clomid also carries strong anti-estrogen properties that could be used therapeutically, but its anti-estrogen properties are most commonly associated with anabolic steroid use.
2. By supplementing with Clomid during anabolic steroid use, the SERM will bind to the estrogen receptors, therefore inhibiting the estrogen hormone from binding. This can be very useful in combating gynecomastia, as when Clomid binds to the receptor it prevents estrogen from stimulating the mammary tissue. It can also have a positive impact on water retention, but as it won’t actively reduce serum estrogen levels it’s sometimes not enough.
3. Clomid also is beneficial to the anabolic steroid user post anabolic steroid use. Specifically we’re referring to Post Cycle Therapy (PCT). In men, Clomid also has the ability to stimulate the pituitary to release more LH and FSH, which will in turn stimulate enhanced natural testosterone production. This is extremely beneficial to the anabolic steroid user post cycle as natural testosterone levels will be very low due to suppression caused by anabolic steroid use
1. As an effect of fertility aid, the effects of Clomid are simple. The woman is having difficulty becoming pregnant, Clomid enhances the chance of conception and pregnancy occurs. It doesn’t always work, but it will greatly increase the odds of conception and is fairly successful.
2. As an anti-estrogen for on cycle steroid use, Clomid is fairly effective at staving off gynecomastia. It will not reduce estrogen levels or inhibit the aromatization process, but in many cases, binding to the receptors is enough protection for many men. More importantly, when using Clomid for this purpose it can also have a positive impact on cholesterol levels. While an anti-estrogen, Clomid actually acts as estrogen in the liver, which in turn will promote healthier cholesterol levels. This can be very beneficial to the anabolic steroid user as anabolic steroid use is notorious for promoting unhealthy cholesterol levels.
3. For many men, especially hardcore anabolic steroid users, Clomid is not enough for estrogenic protection. In this case, an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) like Arimidex (Anastrozole) or Femara (Letrozole) will be needed. AI’s actively inhibit the aromatase process and will see serum estrogen levels reduced. By far they are the most effective at combating gynecomastia and will have more success in combating water retention.
Week 1: Clomid 150mg per day
Week 2: Clomid 150mg per day
Week 3: Clomid 100mg per day
Week 4: Clomid 100mg per day
Week 5: Clomid 50mg per day
(add an extra week at 50mg per day if needed)
generally, 4-5 weeks of use will suffice.